Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Siva Goda

Default Syncing the Mobile Phone

Sir,

I am new to kubuntu and am keen to use it for majority of my
needs. I
need to sync the Calendar and Contacts on my Mobile Phone Nokia
E61i or other symbian phones as
I require them for maintaining my professional (Advocate)
committments.
Help me to do this either in Kmail; Konqueror; Korganiser;
Kontact; or
even evolution.

This info would be of immense help to me of using linux in
preference to
the Windows Vista

Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Randy

>Sir,
>* * * *
>* * * * I am new to kubuntu and am keen to use it for majority of my
>* * * * needs. *I
>* * * * need to sync the Calendar and Contacts on my Mobile Phone Nokia
>* * * * E61i or other symbian phones as
>* * * * I require them for maintaining my professional (Advocate)
>* * * * committments.
>* * * * Help me to do this either in Kmail; Konqueror; Korganiser;
>* * * * Kontact; or
>* * * * even evolution. *
>* * * *
>* * * * This info would be of immense help to me of using linux in
>* * * * preference to
>* * * * the Windows Vista

I use Kmail and sync it with my Nokia E71. To perform the sync I use
http://www.memotoo.com/, which I selected for many reasons. It charges a fee
(about $15 per year as I recall), but I found that imminently reasonable for
the value I get from them. Memotoo allows me to sync my email and PIM data
across four machine/OS combinations (using dIMAP with my Gmail account), and
sync effortlessly with my phone. I am very satisfied with the service.

Earlier I used Evolution with the Syncevolution application to perform the
sync, but with Kmail I can do it realtime via syncml.

I would provide more info, but I'm packing to catch an early flight.

Randy

Old 12-25-2008, 04:48 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/12/25 Siva Goda <godasiva@gmail.com>:
> Sir,
>
> I am new to kubuntu and am keen to use it for majority of my
> needs. I
> need to sync the Calendar and Contacts on my Mobile Phone Nokia
> E61i or other symbian phones as
> I require them for maintaining my professional (Advocate)
> committments.
> Help me to do this either in Kmail; Konqueror; Korganiser;
> Kontact; or
> even evolution.
>
> This info would be of immense help to me of using linux in
> preference to
> the Windows Vista

You might want to look into Opensync, but I warn you that now is not a
good time to start. The current stable Opensync release is 0.2x which
is about two years out of date. The 0.40 branch will be ready in a few
months and I am waiting for that one to stabilize before I start
syncing.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com