Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM
"Bas Roufs"

Default Sudden difficulty to access the STYLES AND FORMATTING menu (O.O. Writer 2.4.1 at Kubuntu 8.10)

Dear Everybody

At present, I use Open Office Writer at Kubuntu Intrepid (8.10).
Version number: 2.4.1. This is a quite new version, I think. Till
yesterday, the STYLES AND FORMATTING menu worked perfectly well for
me. I use it frequently. But ever since today, I do not at any more
manage to access this menu: not via the icon, also not via FORMAT >
Styles and formatting, also not via F11. I still do see the Styles
and formatting icon via the formatting toolbar. (VIEW > Toolbars >
Formatting). However, in the field, immediately next to the toolbar, I
can click at only a number of profiles - standard, heading 1 and a few
more. But the tabs via which I can choose for the page and numbering
profiles, have completely vanished. I do also not any more manage to
unfix or fix the styles and formatting icon - it is completely stuck
where it is now. Who can help me out of this stagnation? Is there any
bug related to this issue?

In the mean time, I DID manage to fix and unfix the FORMATTING tool bar,
including the styles and formatting icon. But by doing so, I did not
manage to solve the problem reported. The only way now, I manage to
'solve' the problem provisionally, is to open an own document template
and to use the 'Format paijnt brush'. But this is not at all a safe,
structural solution.

Thanks for your answers. Respectfully Yours,

Bas roufs.

--
Viaconsensus