Old 12-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Steven Vollom

Default I need the best and brightest for two problems that are work-arounds now.

I have posted these problems and have found ways to make my computer function,
however, each time I have to boot up, I have to go through extra procedures.

Problem 1: When I turn on my computer, several programs open on the screen,
for example, email, previously open web pages, chat programs and the like.
Nonetheless, I cannot click on the title bar to activate the window, until I
open a konsole and type in kwin. Then the windows function normally, but I
have to keep that konsole open, for if I close it, I lose kwin. How do I fix
it so kwin opens during the boot-up cycle without having to open it using a
terminal?

Problem 2: Every time I turn on my computer, sdb5, a storage partition opens
in an inactive posture. It contains a subfolder that contains the things I
use, but the actual partition says permission denied.

To work around this problem, I open
SystemSettings>AdvancedTab>Disk&FileSystems> Login as Administrator,
highlight the sdb5 partition, click on enable, close the program, and finally
can use the subfolder. I still cannot use the primary portion of the
partition. How can I change this so that after I enable sdb5, it remains
enabled? How can I enable the sdb5 partition so that I can use all of the
partition and not just a sub-folder?

As you can see, I can work around the problems by going through the described
effort every time I turn my computer on. Thanks for any help you may
provide.

Steven