Old 12-24-2008, 03:04 AM
David Cantrell

Default anaconda status in rawhide

The latest version of anaconda in rawhide is (or will be with the next
tree compose):

anaconda-11.5.0.3-1

We were trying to get things to a mostly installable point for rawhide
trees for the remainder of the year and the beginning of January. The
anaconda team is on hiatus until Jan 5th, but I'm sure most of us will
be checking email.

Things to know about rawhide anaconda right now:

1) Networking does not automatically come up via DHCP right now. It
will fail once, but when you retry, things will work and anaconda will
continue. Working on tracking this down, but could not get to it by the
end of today.

2) Deprecation warnings are present. We've been cleaning up code with
the move to Python 2.6, but there are still some things with deprecation
warnings.

3) GUI install mode may or may not be broken for you. It's hit or miss
for me on my development systems at the moment. Some, it works fine,
others it looks like complete garbage on the screen. If GUI mode fails
for you, fall back to text mode if you just want to get something installed.

I mention these things here hopefully to prevent hundreds of people from
filing the same bug, #1 especially. Definitely feel free to file bugs,
but be sure to check and see if someone else has already filed something
for the same issue. If they have, add yourself to the CC list for that bug.

Thanks,

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI