Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Jerry Lapham

Default Email change

Is anyone else having trouble changing their email address for this list?
input my new email address several times. Each time I get a reply that a
confirmation message has been sent but it never shows up and mail from the
list keeps coming to the old address.

-Jerry

Old 12-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Nils Kassube

Jerry Lapham wrote:
> Is anyone else having trouble changing their email address for this
> list? I've gone to
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users> and input my
> new email address several times. Each time I get a reply that a
> confirmation message has been sent but it never shows up and mail from
> the list keeps coming to the old address.

You could try to subscribe with the new address and then unsubscribe with
the old one.

Nils

Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/12/24 Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net>:
> Jerry Lapham wrote:
>> Is anyone else having trouble changing their email address for this
>> list? I've gone to
>> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users> and input my
>> new email address several times. Each time I get a reply that a
>> confirmation message has been sent but it never shows up and mail from
>> the list keeps coming to the old address.
>
> You could try to subscribe with the new address and then unsubscribe with
> the old one.

That is what the OP said he is doing.

OP: Try checking your spam filters and quarantine boxes.

I must add that I sometimes cannot receive email from some forum
signups, and I cannot figure out why (such as the KDE wiki). My spam
filtering does not seem to be the problem, but the emails are never
received. Using my gmail address instead of my regular address, I
receive the messages, so I know that the problem is on my end. I am
really uncomfortable with email being silently dropped.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Jerry Lapham

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 3:24:14 am Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/12/24 Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net>:
> > Jerry Lapham wrote:
> >> Is anyone else having trouble changing their email address for this
> >> list? I've gone to
> >> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users> and input my
> >> new email address several times. Each time I get a reply that a
> >> confirmation message has been sent but it never shows up and mail from
> >> the list keeps coming to the old address.
> >
> > You could try to subscribe with the new address and then unsubscribe with
> > the old one.
>
> That is what the OP said he is doing.
>
> OP: Try checking your spam filters and quarantine boxes.

Not running any spam filters in Kmail or on the email server.

-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH 45050
rjlapham@fuse.net

Old 12-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Jerry Lapham

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 3:24:17 pm Jerry Lapham wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 December 2008 3:24:14 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > >
> > > You could try to subscribe with the new address and then unsubscribe
> > > with the old one.
> >
> > That is what the OP said he is doing.
> >
> > OP: Try checking your spam filters and quarantine boxes.

Gave up and set up a Gmail account. No trouble using it. Can't understand
why Cincinnati Bell (fuse.net) and kubuntu-users didn't get along.

-Jerry

Old 12-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2008-12-25 at 01:48 -0500, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 December 2008 3:24:17 pm Jerry Lapham wrote:

> > > That is what the OP said he is doing.
> > >
> > > OP: Try checking your spam filters and quarantine boxes.
>
> Gave up and set up a Gmail account. No trouble using it. Can't understand
> why Cincinnati Bell (fuse.net) and kubuntu-users didn't get along.

I think you'll be far happier now! Merry Xmas!! Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987