Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Jim MacLeod

Default window behavior

Peter Klaassen wrote:

> Can one in KDE 3 designate that applicationwindows open not over each
> other but nicely next to each other. I have a wide screen and would like
> to see for instance 4 appilcation evenly devided over the screen.

Use System Settings - Window-specific Settings to set each app window to
open at one quarter of your screen size. (Someapps eg Konqueror allow you
to save it's size in it's profle.

Then use System Settings - Window Behaviour - Moving, then set Placement
option as Smart. This will open each app in a spare corner.

HTH
Jim