Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 PM
"Geoffrey Bays"

Default web cam that works with Kubuntu Hardy

Can anyone recommend a web cam that works easily with Kubuntu Hardy?
Preferably out-of-the-box, since other Xmas tasks remain.

We are not traveling this year, and other family members want to see us.

And the software to run such as device--would that be DigiCam? Just a guess.

Cheers and have a very merry,

Geoffrey Bays

Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Edmund Laugasson

> Can anyone recommend a web cam that works easily with Kubuntu Hardy?
> Preferably out-of-the-box, since other Xmas tasks remain.
>
> We are not traveling this year, and other family members want to see us.
>
> And the software to run such as device--would that be DigiCam? Just a guess.

I use Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 - works out of the box.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
"Richard S. Crawford"

I had some success with the EyeToy camera, so it's possible to use
that one. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, though.

Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com
Publisher and Editor in Chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)

Old 12-23-2008, 03:14 PM
"Geoffrey Bays"

Edmund:
thanks for the reply. It looks like the 4000 model is gone, I only
see the newer QuickCam Pro 9000 model which may have trouble working,
especially with skype.

anyone have a 9000 ??

cheers,

Geoffrey Bays