Old 12-22-2007, 08:36 PM
"John DeCarlo"

Default move doesn't work in dolphin

On Dec 22, 2007 4:24 PM, Paul <paulvarjak@gmail.com> wrote:

it happens that splitting the window it's possible to move files.

but it happens that if you open two different dolphin windows it don't

source is NOT read-only, and it's NOT a permissions problem. I can assure it just because I know how permissions work. And I can assure it as well because the test splitting the window and the test with two dolphin windows are made with the same file. it moves in one case, it gets copied in the other.

Can anyone else reproduce the error?

What happens when you drag and pick from the menu or drag with Shift or Ctrl?

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

Old 12-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Paul

What happens when you drag and pick from the menu or drag with Shift or Ctrl?

If I drag with the left mouse button, and then I select MOVE, it moves
If I drag with the left mouse button while pressing shift, it moves
If I do it selecting the file, and then EDIT-CUT and EDIT-PASTE, it moves

So it only fails if I do it with CTRL-X and CTRL-V

Thanks for your interest.
Paul

Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 PM
"John DeCarlo"

What happens when you drag and pick from the menu or drag with Shift or Ctrl?

If I drag with the left mouse button, and then I select MOVE, it moves
If I drag with the left mouse button while pressing shift, it moves
If I do it selecting the file, and then EDIT-CUT and EDIT-PASTE, it moves

So it only fails if I do it with CTRL-X and CTRL-V

Thanks for your interest.

Sorry, I can not duplicate the failure.* I tried with two folders on the same partition and two on different partitions.* Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V resulted in moving the file.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Paul

Ok, thank you for trying.

In my system it fails both on different and same partitions.

Dolphin version is 0.9.2 over KDE 3.5.8, are you using the same version?

Paul.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
"John DeCarlo"

In my system it fails both on different and same partitions.

Dolphin version is 0.9.2 over KDE 3.5.8, are you using the same version?

Yes.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own