Old 12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Paul

Default move doesn't work in dolphin

hello.

it happens that splitting the window it's possible to move files.

but it happens that if you open two different dolphin windows it don't

source is NOT read-only, and it's NOT a permissions problem. I can assure it just because I know how permissions work. And I can assure it as well because the test splitting the window and the test with two dolphin windows are made with the same file. it moves in one case, it gets copied in the other.

Can anyone else reproduce the error?

Thanks,
Paul

paulvarjak@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > maybe this question has come up before but I haven't seen it.
>> >
>> > When i try to cut-paste files in dolphin, via ctrl-x ctrl-v or via

>> > right button menu, the files are always copied and not moved.
>> >
>> > Is this a bug? known? or a feature? or...
>> >
> Working here. I've used the system cut + paste via the context menu (moved

> an .odt file from home to an internal folder (Dolphin in splitted view).

One suspects the source is read-only. *And I don't see how you can so
blithely assure us it _isn't_ a permission problem.

--
derek