-   -   KDE4 Photo Album Manager? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/215797-kde4-photo-album-manager.html)

Nigel Ridley 12-21-2008 05:30 AM

KDE4 Photo Album Manager?

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a KDE4 based Photo Album Manager? I'd like the following
> features:
> - Ability to download photo via USB from the Camera
> - Management of photo library
> - Ability to generate template based photo albums
> - Ability to upload said albums to a web page via ftp
>
> I'm been using JAlbum, a java based app which is pretty good, but I'd like to
> trial a more integrated KDE app if there is one.
>
> I looked at digicam, but it appears to be still KDE 3.5 at the moment.
>
> Thanks,

Not specifically KDE (but does 'look' like one); try AlbumShaper it's quite good.

Blessings,

Nigel

Byron Campbell 12-21-2008 10:33 AM

KDE4 Photo Album Manager?

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 16:03 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a KDE4 based Photo Album Manager? I'd
like
> the following features:
> - Ability to download photo via USB from the Camera
> - Management of photo library
> - Ability to generate template based photo albums
> - Ability to upload said albums to a web page via ftp
>
> I'm been using JAlbum, a java based app which is pretty good,
but
> I'd like to trial a more integrated KDE app if there is one.
>
> I looked at digicam, but it appears to be still KDE 3.5 at the
> moment.
>
> Thanks,

Did a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10 last weekend, updated KDE to
4.1.3, then added DigiKam. DigiKam version 0.9.4 was installed.
Haven't got around to importing albums etc., so can't comment on
how well it handles them.

Regards,
Byron

Lindsay Mathieson 12-21-2008 10:49 AM

KDE4 Photo Album Manager?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 04:30:37 pm Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Not specifically KDE (but does 'look' like one); try AlbumShaper it's quite
> good.

Thanks Nigel, I'll check it out.
--
Lindsay Mathieson