Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Hardware failure may be isolated.

Dear Eberhard,

The Power Supply Tester arrived yesterday. The -5v test failed, so when I
notified BFG Technologies they immediately issued an RMA. You should know an
additional piece of information, because you may wish to purchase a Power
Supply some time and want to know the character of the company you are
purchasing from.

They have a warranty condition that the purchaser must pay return shipping for
items found defective. It is pretty normal with companies. Nonetheless, my
circumstance is not the same as is for most people. I am on a fixed and very
low income. I cannot afford almost anything I purchase, so absorbing
expenses for others who are responsible for the making of a problem is more
difficult for me. People who make a lot of money, would not even consider it
inappropriate for a Manufacture to expect a consumer to pay return postage
for a defective product. It is the way of the world.

Nonetheless, when I reminded them that it was unfair for an abused customer to
pay a penalty for their purchase, when satisfied customers are able to enjoy
the use of their purchase without the added expense did not seem fair. After
considering my contention, they agreed to send me a new unit with prepaid
forms for returning the defective power supply. To me, that is character in
this dog-eat-dog world, and I wanted my friends to know about it.

Cudos, Cheers!, Ciao Bello, and Cordially,

Steven Vollom, fine-artist retired