Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
"Jussi Schultink"

Default iPod/iPhone sync

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have ideas on how iPods/iPhones can be synchronized under
> Kubuntu? It seems that iTunes is available only for Mac and Windows...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone

Hope this helps.

Jussi

Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Pascal Francq

For the music, I use amarok to manage my iPods.

--

Pascal Francq

Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Art Alexion

On Thursday 18 December 2008 3:47:13 am Pascal Francq wrote:
> For the music, I use amarok to manage my iPods.
>
> On mercredi 17 décembre 2008, Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> > Does anyone have ideas on how iPods/iPhones can be synchronized under
> > Kubuntu? It seems that iTunes is available only for Mac and Windows...

Amarok is great — unless you have an iPhone or an iTouch. These are different
animals from regular iPods. There are work-arounds using an ftp server on
the iPhone and ssh, etc., but it is a real pita.

iTunes 8 is required, and it won't run under wine or crossover.

I am currently trying to do it with an XP appliance using kvm. I have it
installed and can access my music library on the kubuntu host, but haven't
tried connecting to the USB linked iTouch.