Old 12-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Byron Campbell

Default KMail, "Smart Quoting" stopped working

Kmail 1.10.3, in KDE 4.1.3 (Kubuntu 8.10)

Kmail's "smart quoting" when replying to mail stopped functioning.
Now, when replaying to mail, the composer window opens as a blank
page as if smart quoting is turned off, which it isn't.

Double checking the settings in:

KMail > Settings > Configure Kmail > Composer > General > Use Smart
Quoting

Use Smart Quoting remains checked. I tried un-checking, Applying,
Ok'ing, then going back in and checking it again, and Applying, and
Ok'ing etc. but no joy.

Any ideas on how to get KMail's message quoting back to working? -->
Maybe dump a config file somewhere and reentering all my KMail account
settings from scratch?

Byron