-   -   KMail, "Smart Quoting" stopped working (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/213449-kmail-smart-quoting-stopped-working.html)

Byron Campbell 12-17-2008 11:26 AM

KMail, "Smart Quoting" stopped working

Kmail 1.10.3, in KDE 4.1.3 (Kubuntu 8.10)

Kmail's "smart quoting" when replying to mail stopped functioning.
Now, when replaying to mail, the composer window opens as a blank
page as if smart quoting is turned off, which it isn't.

Double checking the settings in:

KMail > Settings > Configure Kmail > Composer > General > Use Smart
Quoting

Use Smart Quoting remains checked. I tried un-checking, Applying,
Ok'ing, then going back in and checking it again, and Applying, and
Ok'ing etc. but no joy.

Any ideas on how to get KMail's message quoting back to working? -->
Maybe dump a config file somewhere and reentering all my KMail account
settings from scratch?

Byron