-   -   config.status: WARNING: failed to create makefile emulation layer (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/213272-slightly-ot-config-status-warning-failed-create-makefile-emulation-layer.html)

Ric Moore 12-17-2008 02:54 AM

config.status: WARNING: failed to create makefile emulation layer

Has anyone encountered this one doing ./configure??
config.status: WARNING: failed to create makefile emulation layer

Thanks in advance for any assist. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Eberhard Roloff 12-17-2008 07:23 AM

Ric Moore wrote:
> Has anyone encountered this one doing ./configure??
> config.status: WARNING: failed to create makefile emulation layer
>
> Thanks in advance for any assist. Ric

do you happen to know what package you are trying to ./configure ?

Ric Moore 12-18-2008 06:04 AM

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 09:23 +0100, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > Has anyone encountered this one doing ./configure??
> > config.status: WARNING: failed to create makefile emulation layer
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assist. Ric
> >

> do you happen to know what package you are trying to ./configure ?

Crystal Space, a 3D graphical development package. There is a Ubuntu set
of packages that is really out of date and carried a disclaimer that one
of the three dnload packages is an earlier version. After several
hundred megs of dnload that set blows up. So, I'm using the current
versioning version and doing the ./configure bit gives me that error.
I've never seen that one before. Thanks for any considerations, Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987