Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 AM
"lists@ptfd.org"

Default pdflush ,kjournald, disk is too busy?

The hd on my laptop is just too busy. (Intrepid up to date system 2gig memory,
Dell D820) It site idle and everything is fine, then when I want to do
something suddenly the HD light comes on and everything is sluggish. System
Monitor shows everything is fine as far as cpu and memory, but when it is
running the kjournald, pdflush shows several processes running, and in teh
percent cpu col. it shows "disk sleep"

I dont remember setting anything in particular up strange that I have not used
before.

Any ideas appreciated, this is really annoying...

Mike
--
Michael W. Holdeman
Chief