Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default Q: how is plasma different?

I realise that this isn't really the place to ask this question; but I
couldn't find anywhere better (there doesn't seem to be a reflector for
plasma users).

I keep reading hints (especially from Aaron) that plasma is somehow
supposed to be completely different from any kind of desktop we've ever
seen before. Yet to me it doesn't seem to be fundamentally different from
pretty much any modern desktop capable of running widgets. I'm obviously
missing something deep. Can someone here please either explain what is
supposed to be so awesomely different about plasma, or point me to a
coherent explanation.

Sorry again to be a bit off-topic for this reflector.

Doc