Old 12-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Larry Hartman

Default Screen savers

I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen savers
listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and see that
they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still not screen
savers listed. Any ideas on this one?

Larry

Old 12-22-2007, 02:51 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Friday 21 December 2007, Larry Hartman wrote:

> I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen
> savers listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and
> see that they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still not
> screen savers listed. Any ideas on this one?

Nope, but I did spend 15 minutes poking around to see if I could come up with
one.

Small consolation prize.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Larry Hartman

On Friday 21 December 2007 07:51:55 pm D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Friday 21 December 2007, Larry Hartman wrote:
> > I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen
> > savers listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and
> > see that they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still
> > not screen savers listed. Any ideas on this one?
>
> Nope, but I did spend 15 minutes poking around to see if I could come up
> with one.
>
> Small consolation prize.
> --
> D. Michael McIntyre

A few little things like this popping up at me, no show stoppers by any
sort.....my laptop has gone through its third upgrade since Dapper....and I
did do a lot of tinkering on each version as part of my linux self-education.
I likely have more than a few parts of my OS hammed up from my tinkering.

I am thinking that shortly after 8.04 is released I may wipe slate clean and
do fresh install. KDE4 sounds like a good opportunity to do just that.

Larry

Old 12-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Valter Mura

Il sabato 22 dicembre 2007 04:24:52 Larry Hartman ha scritto:
> I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen
> savers listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and
> see that they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still not
> screen savers listed. Any ideas on this one?
>
> Larry

In my system everything working well (hopefully...)

--
Valter
Gnupg key: 0x9A058949 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com

Old 12-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Billie Walsh

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Friday 21 December 2007, Larry Hartman wrote:
>

>> I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen
>> savers listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and
>> see that they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still not
>> screen savers listed. Any ideas on this one?
>>

> Nope, but I did spend 15 minutes poking around to see if I could come up with
> one.
>
> Small consolation prize.

I have screen savers listed but they don't work.

Kubuntu 10.7
KDE 3.*.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Bill Vance

On Mon Dec 24 02:30:26 2007 Billie Walsh wrote:

>D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>> On Friday 21 December 2007, Larry Hartman wrote:
>>

>>> I noticed the other day as I was messing about, that I have no screen
>>> sav
ers listed in my kcontrol. I went and checked the package manager and
>>> see that they are installed. I opened kcontrol in sudo mode and still not
>>> screen savers listed. Any ideas on this one?
>>>

>> Nope, but I did spend 15 minutes poking around to see if I could come up with
>> one.
>>
>> Small consolation prize.
>>
>I have screen savers listed but they don't work.

Mine work, but the second you try to save any new parameters for them, the
screen turns black, and dumps me out at the KDE login screen. Shades of
P.T. Barnum's, "This way to the egress". :-(

Bill

* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!
* *

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ