Old 12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Brian Norman Wootton

Default blue rectangle covering 'system tray' icons

I've mentioned this before, I have this blue rectangle which covers or
partially covers
system tray icons, at the moment it's covering the volume icon, but at
different times it covers 'eth0', hplip, skype, time and date. It's also
now corrupting the date/time and
covering the dolphin icon, it's annoying rather than earth shattering
and it seems worst
when I'm emailing kubuntu-users-request. Has anybody got anything
similar, has anybody got any answers? I'm using T-Bird on kubuntu 8.10
on 64b amd.
brian

Old 12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/12/15 Brian Norman Wootton <Brian.Meg@btinternet.com>:
> I've mentioned this before, I have this blue rectangle which covers or
> partially covers
> system tray icons, at the moment it's covering the volume icon, but at
> different times it covers 'eth0', hplip, skype, time and date. It's also
> now corrupting the date/time and
> covering the dolphin icon, it's annoying rather than earth shattering
> and it seems worst
> when I'm emailing kubuntu-users-request. Has anybody got anything
> similar, has anybody got any answers? I'm using T-Bird on kubuntu 8.10
> on 64b amd.
> brian

Too me it looks like you are running Nvidia restricted drivers? In
that case it's a known bug and fixed with latest nvidia beta driver.
My hope is that Kubuntu would released the beta driver in backports as
the current version in has many bugs.

/ Jonas