Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
"Francisco Borges"

Default dual monitor setup with KDE 4.2(beta1)

Hello,

I just installed Kubuntu in a new computer with dual monitors.
Everything looks fine except that KDE seems to use the "secondary"
display as primary, as in all new panels, notifications etc all appear
on the secondary monitor and not on the primary.

There used to be a way to actually change that with KDE 3.5.X; is that
already possible with KDE 4.2?

Anyone knows of a way to deal with it?

Kind regards,
--
Francisco

Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Eberhard Roloff

Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Kubuntu in a new computer with dual monitors.
> Everything looks fine except that KDE seems to use the "secondary"
> display as primary, as in all new panels, notifications etc all appear
> on the secondary monitor and not on the primary.
>
> There used to be a way to actually change that with KDE 3.5.X; is that
> already possible with KDE 4.2?
>
> Anyone knows of a way to deal with it?
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Francisco

Should you happen to be a happy Nvidia User, you can try with
nvidia-settings

Kind regards
Eberhard

Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
"Francisco Borges"

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@gmx.de> wrote:
> Francisco Borges wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just installed Kubuntu in a new computer with dual monitors.
>> Everything looks fine except that KDE seems to use the "secondary"
>> display as primary, as in all new panels, notifications etc all appear
>> on the secondary monitor and not on the primary.
>>
>> There used to be a way to actually change that with KDE 3.5.X; is that
>> already possible with KDE 4.2?
>>
>> Anyone knows of a way to deal with it?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> --
>> Francisco
>>
> Should you happen to be a happy Nvidia User, you can try with
> nvidia-settings

I happen to be a ATI User (not that I had any choice in it, as it is
my work computer).
Or perhaps I should say an "annoyed ATI user". As they config tool
doesn't even allow me to rotate one of the screens.

I have used nvidia config tools, and I can attest that they are much
better than ATI's.

In any case, I (partially) solved the problem today when I discovered
how to move the KDE4 panels. Notifications still go to the wrong
screen, but I don't rely much on those.

Kind regards,
--
Francisco