Old 12-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Girard Henri

Default ubuntu hardy

Hello,

I must stick to hardy because my computer (acer aspire intel coreduo)
refuses kernel 2.6.27 : it blocks to cfg ??? I tried others distro but
the same this kernel doesn't pass !! So it might mean that i can't go
over ...
hardy works fine : I could even install scilab 5 (compiling) and open
office, now i installed kde41.2 (can't find kde41.3) and compiled it to
kde4 (1.85) but it's too slow ...
I would like to know if a kde4.2 is planned for hardy ?
i need kdevelop4 and if no a recent version of kde4 it's hard to get
compiled.
I tried also keeping kernel 2.6.22 and upgrading but i then i loose ATI
drivers it's working but not so well because my video card is not well
set, no more video drivers available in kernel.
regards
Henri