Old 12-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Thilo Six

Default Tip: kio apt

Hello

while in konqi enter:

apt:/

in the urlbar.

Have fun...
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
lanzen

On Saturday 22 December 2007 02:12:18 Thilo Six wrote:

> while in konqi enter:
>
> apt:/
>
> in the urlbar.

Beautiful!

--
lanzen

Old 12-22-2007, 01:01 PM
"Howard Coles Jr."

On Saturday 22 December 2007 07:48:17 am lanzen wrote:
> On Saturday 22 December 2007 02:12:18 Thilo Six wrote:
> > while in konqi enter:
> >
> > apt:/
> >
> > in the urlbar.
>
> Beautiful!
>
> --
> lanzen

I'm sure this works perfectly if your default browser is Konquerer, however,
mine is not. Whenever I click the "search" button I get a box with "Save
As" "Open with 'Firefox Web Browser'" and "Cancel" with no other choices.

The same is true with all the other KIO slaves.

Anyone know how to turn that off?

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:16 PM
lanzen

On Saturday 22 December 2007 15:01:55 Howard Coles Jr. wrote:

> I'm sure this works perfectly if your default browser is Konquerer,
> however, mine is not. *Whenever I click the "search" button I get a box
> with "Save As" "Open with 'Firefox Web Browser'" and "Cancel" with no other
> choices.
> The same is true with all the other KIO slaves.

For browsing the web I usually prefer firefox, maybe because I'm just used to
it since 0,x versions in windows, maybe because I like it, but making it
default in kde ends up in becoming a bad idea.

> Anyone know how to turn that off?

I had to struggle quite a bit, but don't remember exactly how I did it. I
think somebody explained it here on the list. I seem to remember it's got
something to do with mimes as well setting it as default in... kcontrol, I
think.

--
lanzen

Old 12-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Wulfy

lanzen wrote:
>> Anyone know how to turn that off?
>>

> I had to struggle quite a bit, but don't remember exactly how I did it. I
> think somebody explained it here on the list. I seem to remember it's got
> something to do with mimes as well setting it as default in... kcontrol, I
> think.

I stumbled on this recently:

KControl/KDE Components/File Associations/ text/html embedded tab Show
file in embedded viewer.

Left click opens in Konqeror, right-click/Open with... you can open in
Firefox.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:

Old 12-22-2007, 02:13 PM
lanzen

On Saturday 22 December 2007 15:37:53 Wulfy wrote:

> KControl/KDE Components/File Associations/ *text/html embedded tab Show
> file in embedded viewer.
>
> Left click opens in Konqeror, right-click/Open with... you can open in
> Firefox.

That'd be nice. I've tried it, but I got right click opens Konqueror, left
shows a list of action an choosing open url again opens Konqueror. Same thing
if I change priorities (FF goes on top) Firefox opens in both cases.

--
lanzen

Old 12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Billie Walsh

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Saturday 22 December 2007 07:48:17 am lanzen wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 22 December 2007 02:12:18 Thilo Six wrote:
>>
>>> while in konqi enter:
>>>
>>> apt:/
>>>
>>> in the urlbar.
>>>
>> Beautiful!
>>
>> --
>> lanzen
>>

> I'm sure this works perfectly if your default browser is Konquerer, however,
> mine is not. Whenever I click the "search" button I get a box with "Save
> As" "Open with 'Firefox Web Browser'" and "Cancel" with no other choices.
>
> The same is true with all the other KIO slaves.
>
> Anyone know how to turn that off?

I have Firefox set as the default browser. However, when I tried the
apt:/ thing out of curiosity everything worked like a charm. I didn't
get the "save as", "open with Firefox", or "cancel". I got a page of the
search results for whatever file I looked for. If I clicked on a search
result I was taken to the information.

If I chose the repository search, I was taken to a web page and Kget
downloaded whatever files I wanted.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Thilo Six

Howard Coles Jr. wrote the following on 22.12.2007 15:01

</snip>

> I'm sure this works perfectly if your default browser is Konquerer, however,
> mine is not. Whenever I click the "search" button I get a box with "Save
> As" "Open with 'Firefox Web Browser'" and "Cancel" with no other choices.
>
> The same is true with all the other KIO slaves.
>
> Anyone know how to turn that off?

Did you create that profile (~/.kde) with an older kde version (read as
dist-upgrade afterwards)?

If so create a new user and login with that one and see if the problem persists.
I have set firefox as browser in kcontrol also and do not face this problem.

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09