-   -   Easytag question Solved (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/211770-easytag-question-solved.html)

Nigel Ridley 12-14-2008 07:07 PM

Easytag question Solved

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
> edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.
>
> Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
> matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
> - it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
> The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
> mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
> both the Russian and Hebrew files.
>
> There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
> Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
> The rest of the NT books are not affected.
>
> It is rather strange - any ideas?
>
> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3
>
> They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
> be grateful.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both the Hebrew and Russian
versions of the book of Acts was affected there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames!
Both had all the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

Blessings,

Nigel

Bruce Marshall 12-14-2008 09:27 PM

Easytag question Solved

On Sunday 14 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both
> the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected there had
> to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all the chapters of
> Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to ActsofApostles_01 etc.
> and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an
> explanation?

What was the original filename of Act 22? I'm guessing it might have been
different.

I think many mp3 players deal with the filename for ordering.... and I use
great care to keep filenames in sort order.

Ric Moore 12-14-2008 11:08 PM

Easytag question Solved

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 22:07 +0200, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
> > edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.
> >
> > Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
> > matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
> > - it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
> > The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
> > mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
> > both the Russian and Hebrew files.
> >
> > There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
> > Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
> > The rest of the NT books are not affected.
> >
> > It is rather strange - any ideas?
> >
> > The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> > http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3
> >
> > They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
> > be grateful.
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >

> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both the Hebrew and Russian
> versions of the book of Acts was affected there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames!
> Both had all the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

A miracle?? :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Nigel Ridley 12-15-2008 01:32 AM

Easytag question Solved

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 14 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both
>> the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected there had
>> to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all the chapters of
>> Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to ActsofApostles_01 etc.
>> and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
>> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
>> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an
>> explanation?
>
> What was the original filename of Act 22? I'm guessing it might have been
> different.
>
> I think many mp3 players deal with the filename for ordering.... and I use
> great care to keep filenames in sort order.

The original [Hebrew] files were in individual zip files for each book, without any 'folders' - I
created the 'folders' similar to the Russian version which was a complete zip file for the whole
New Testament, and the folder for 'Acts' was named 'Acts', with the individual chapters following
the 'Acts_01' format.

Blessings,

Nigel

Derek Broughton 12-15-2008 12:23 PM

Easytag question Solved

Nigel Ridley wrote:

> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since
> both the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected
> there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all
> the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts
> as it should with - you guessed it - chapter 1 :-) As for the reason,
> I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

Any explanation I can offer is the wildest of guesses :-) but since you
must be dealing with unicode, it seems entirely possible that some had
either a non-displaying character in the filename or they had two
different characters that looked similar (or identical) on your screen.
--
derek

Nigel Ridley 12-15-2008 01:45 PM

Easytag question Solved

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since
>> both the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected
>> there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all
>> the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
>> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts
>> as it should with - you guessed it - chapter 1 :-) As for the reason,
>> I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?
>
> Any explanation I can offer is the wildest of guesses :-) but since you
> must be dealing with unicode, it seems entirely possible that some had
> either a non-displaying character in the filename or they had two
> different characters that looked similar (or identical) on your screen.

I don't think so as I created the folder named 'Acts' that all the chapters are contained in. And
the Russian version was created by somebody else in a far away land (probably) and yet both
exhibited the same problem. The mystery continues......

Blessings,

Nigel