-   -   Kontact and akonadi resources (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/211542-kontact-akonadi-resources.html)

Alain Muls 12-14-2008 08:54 AM

Kontact and akonadi resources

Hi

I am trying to use the organizer from within kontact (on KDE4.2 beta 1) and
want to import 2 calendars:

1. my personal calendar located on the local HD
2. a common google calendar shared with my colleagues

I think I should be able to do it using the new akonadi, but researching does
not reveal much information. Also trying out does not yield the desired
result. eg. I entered my personal calendar through akonadi and it showed up.
Then I tried to add the google calendar, first as a local resource, but this
does not allow to sync with the google calendar. By doing this I also lost the
personal calendar which I had to reenter in akonadi.

What is the "new KDE 4.2" way of doing this?

Tx/Alain

Lindsay Mathieson 12-14-2008 09:10 AM

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:54:30 pm Alain Muls wrote:
> I think I should be able to do it using the new akonadi, but researching
> does not reveal much information

As far as I can tell, currently akonadi doesn't let you doing *anything*
beyond the existing kontact framework. The only akonadi resource is a wrapper
for the old kontact resources.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album