Old 12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Nigel Ridley

Default Easytag question

I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.

Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
- it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
both the Russian and Hebrew files.

There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
The rest of the NT books are not affected.

It is rather strange - any ideas?

The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3

They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
be grateful.

Blessings,

Nigel

Old 12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Saturday 13 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebr
>ew_MP3

I get a 'page not found' from this link.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and all I ever worry about is that the
filenames are in sort order. Never bother with the tags. Works ok.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Nigel Ridley

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Saturday 13 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
>> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebr
>> ew_MP3
>
> I get a 'page not found' from this link.
>
> I listen to a lot of audiobooks and all I ever worry about is that the
> filenames are in sort order. Never bother with the tags. Works ok.

Sorry, the URL was cut off :-( here it is its fullness:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3_Bible.htm
or the link to the actual download:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Acts_Hebrew.zip (33MB).

All though it is an audio book, the problem is that it is actually 27 books inside a single book:
Main Book: Hebrew NT
Sub Books: 4 Gospels and 23 letters (all classed as 'books' [of the Bible]).
I managed to 'trick' my mp3 player into sub-categorizing the 'books' [of the Bible] by tagging
the 'main book' (Hebrew NT) as the 'Artist' and the sub-books as 'Albums'. Then all i have to do
on my mp3 player is to get it to list 'Artists' and then choose 'Hebrew NT'.
But I digress - even with me editing the original tags, the book of Acts still starts with
chapter 22 - which is quite annoying! And no matter how I try to edit the tags, it still starts
with chapter 22 :-(

Any ideas?

Blessings,

Nigel