Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Help with installation of Gutsy 7.10

Hello,

I installed Gutsy on my laptop (Win XP + Gutsy) yesterday and almost everything went smoothly, but toward the end I did something silly. In trying to have a secondary larger monitor(found by the system) I probably selected the wrong configuration or something as when I rebooted (as requested by the installer) I get a black screen and nothing else. If I reboot and choose the safe mode I get to a command root prompt, but at that point I do not know what to do to change the configuration. Any help or suggestion for an old (agewise) newby?

The sytem is a laptop Vaio SZ330 with 2 Meg DDR 2 memory, 120 Gig HDD, and a and a NVidia GE Force 7400 card. What other info are needed. TYIA

Patrick (Alpino 65)--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com