-   -   New feature page (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/1650-new-feature-page.html)

Jeremy Katz 11-20-2007 08:37 PM

New feature page

I've taken the discussions from the IRC meeting and tried to distill
things into separate pages with owners, etc and also to integrate it
into the rest of the bits on the wiki. If I missed something, let me
know or just add it yourself.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features

The individual pages for each thing are somewhat from the Fedora feature
template, but that was mostly to make some of them easier to turn into
actual features for Fedora 9 as opposed to caring that much about the
formatting.

Jeremy

John Summerfield 11-20-2007 08:57 PM

New feature page

Jeremy Katz wrote:

I've taken the discussions from the IRC meeting and tried to distill
things into separate pages with owners, etc and also to integrate it
into the rest of the bits on the wiki. If I missed something, let me
know or just add it yourself.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/PartitionResizing

I have copied & resized ntfs partitions several times using commandline
tools - ntfsclone and its friends. I've never needed ntfs-3g.

btw the fitst installer I used that resizes ntfs was suse9 - came on
Linux Format DVD. Very nice, I like the slider.

Not related to sizing, but specifying sizes in megabytes is a pain when
one wants to allocate in gigabytes. How about numbers with suffixes. M,
G and T would be good for starters, maybe T to allow for expansion.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait