FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-10-2008, 03:38 PM
ssc1478
 
Default compiz

On Sat, 10 May 2008 08:32:15 -0600
Leif Gregory <ldgregory69@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:16:21 -0500
> Joakim Karlsson <mr.cableman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to get the gnome-menu ´╗┐transparent?
>
> Yes. Go to Advanced Desktop Effects Settings->General->Opacity
> Settings Tab.
>

I don't have this option under System Preferences. How do I get it? I
would like to enable the opacity option.

What I do have is under System -> Preferences -> Appearance ->
Appearance Preferences. On the Visual Effects tab, I have the Extra
option selected.

Thanks!
Phil

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
"Shawn McCuan"
 
Default compiz

I don't have this option under System Preferences. *How do I get it? I

would like to enable the opacity option.


Open a terminal and issue the following command:

sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

This will install the 'advanced' menu.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Joakim Karlsson
 
Default compiz

Thanks
On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 08:32 -0600, Leif Gregory wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:16:21 -0500
> Joakim Karlsson <mr.cableman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to get the gnome-menu ´╗┐transparent?
>
> Yes. Go to Advanced Desktop Effects Settings->General->Opacity Settings
> Tab.
>
> Under Window Opacities, click new.
>
> In Opacities Window textbox put 'DropDownMenu' without the quotes.
>
> Move the slider around. Start at around 80 and then go from there.
>
> --
> Leif Gregory
> Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org
> Truck Hacks: http://trucks.PCWize.com
> Geocaching: http://gps.PCWize.com
> PHP Tutorials and snippets: http://www.DevTek.org
>


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 PM
ssc1478
 
Default compiz

On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:50:00 -0400
"Shawn McCuan" <smccuan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Open a terminal and issue the following command:
>
> sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
>
> This will install the 'advanced' menu.

Thanks! That did it

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 PM
"Shawn McCuan"
 
Default compiz

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:34 PM, ssc1478 <ssc1478@aim.com> wrote:

On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:50:00 -0400

"Shawn McCuan" <smccuan@gmail.com> wrote:



> Open a terminal and issue the following command:

>

> sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

>

> This will install the 'advanced' menu.



Thanks! That did it



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


No problem Have fun playing with the desktop effects.
--
Shawn McCuan
smccuan@gmail.com

Support a national popular vote in the US!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
http://www.nationalpopularvote.com
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"
 
Default Compiz

Hello,

Is it necessary to use Compiz for rendering ? It seems that he uses too much memory (310M)* and CPU time.* How can I disable
it ?

Thanks.
csv


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
"Roberto Pierpaoli"
 
Default Compiz

310MByte just for Compiz?.... Are you sure about this value? It seems quite high to me...
Anyway, it is not necessary at all, I never use it and everything is snappy and fine
You can un-install it by Synaptic manager, or you can just go to System -> Preferences -> Look & Feel --> Visual Effects and select "None".


Robin

2008/12/4 Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com>

Hello,

Is it necessary to use Compiz for rendering ? It seems that he uses too much memory (310M)* and CPU time.* How can I disable
it ?

Thanks.
csv



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
Do you want to secure your computer?
Well, close all backdoors... and also Windows!


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
"Brian McKee"
 
Default Compiz

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it necessary to use Compiz for rendering ? It seems that he uses too much
> memory (310M) and CPU time. How can I disable
> it ?

Just turn it off - System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Desktop
Effects (from memory)

Brian

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-04-2008, 03:09 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"
 
Default Compiz

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Roberto Pierpaoli <roberto.pierpaoli@gmail.com> wrote:

310MByte just for Compiz?.... Are you sure about this value? It seems quite high to me...
Anyway, it is not necessary at all, I never use it and everything is snappy and fine
You can un-install it by Synaptic manager, or you can just go to System -> Preferences -> Look & Feel --> Visual Effects and select "None".



Robin

2008/12/4 Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com>


Hello,

Is it necessary to use Compiz for rendering ? It seems that he uses too much memory (310M)* and CPU time.* How can I disable
it ?

Thanks.
csv



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
Do you want to secure your computer?
Well, close all backdoors... and also Windows!



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


Hello,

Yes, 310MB, this is what "top" command shows. Not sure, if the "Top" reports wrong number.

Thanks.
csv


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
"Petre Stojanov"
 
Default Compiz

Yes, 310MB, this is what "top" command shows. Not sure, if the "Top" reports wrong number.



Maybe 310MB of virtual memory, not RAM which is not the same.
Look up for RES and %MEM in "top"


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org