Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 AM
lanzen

Default Compiz

David McGlone wrote:

> On Friday 14 December 2007 10:47:04 am lanzen wrote:

>> There are still a couple of other things like the pager not working at its
>> best
>
> If I understand you correctly, In your pager config you need to reduce the #
> of desktops down to 1.

Right, that's what I do. More precisely, after booting in KDE I find a
big single desktop labelled 1 while compiz is already working and giving
what is has been set up for: 4 desktops.

Now, if I want a chance of changing desktop in the more traditional way
by clicking on the pager I have to select the pager options ad add at
least another desktop. Apply will now show 8 desktops, but only 4 of
them "active". I then go back again to pager options and select only 1
desk and now 4 desktops, all active, will show.

Moving to any other desktop will work, now, but the icons for the
applications will stay on desktop 1 no matter which desktop I'm on.

It has become part of the ritual of opening KDE and, if I didn't
misunderstand, it's a very common problem in Kubuntu. I hope there will
be better integration in Hardy.

--
lanzen

Old 12-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Girard Henri

not only in kubuntu
mandriva / fedora does it too...
each time i come back to kwin i set the desktop to one and apply
which comes back to normal behavior

lanzen a e'crit :

Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
lanzen

On Saturday 15 December 2007 12:44:55 Girard Henri wrote:

> not only in kubuntu
> mandriva / fedora does it too...
> each time i come back to kwin i set the desktop to one and apply
> which comes back to normal behavior

So we can say that it's a er... kde *feature*.

--
lanzen

Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Larry Hartman

On Saturday 15 December 2007 04:03:42 am lanzen wrote:
> On Saturday 15 December 2007 12:44:55 Girard Henri wrote:
> > not only in kubuntu
> > mandriva / fedora does it too...
> > each time i come back to kwin i set the desktop to one and apply
> > which comes back to normal behavior
>
> So we can say that it's a er... kde *feature*.
>
> --
> lanzen

I experienced the same thing, and other peculiarities when I
downloaded/installed Fusion. So I de-installed. Then I thought to myself
that KDE4 may just have the eye-candy effects I was looking for so now I am
just patiently waiting for the stable release.

Larry

Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 AM
lanzen

On Saturday 15 December 2007 13:39:04 Larry Hartman wrote:

> I experienced the same thing, and other peculiarities when I
> downloaded/installed Fusion. *So I de-installed.

I must add that, apart from the icons kick out, now compiz works fairly well.
I wonder if a script could be run at start up to fix the 1/2+ desktop issue.

> Then I thought to myself
> that KDE4 may just have the eye-candy effects I was looking for so now I am
> just patiently waiting for the stable release.

It looks that a certain stability has been reached. I think I'll try it soon.

--
lanzen

Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Harold Hartley

I have compiz running on my ubuntu 8.04 and on my laptop and things of
it run fine, but I have no idea where to find any help about shortcuts
to do some of the other things.

I also can't figure out why I'm not seeing my screen showing the cube
itself, but I can change windows with the shortcut commands for compiz.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of my inquery.

Harold

Old 05-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Leif Gregory

On Fri, 09 May 2008 22:13:44 -0400
Harold Hartley <harold_hartley@verizon.net> wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction of my inquery.

A short list I made when I was first playing with it to remember.

Desktops
Rotate Cube Mouse-wheel on desktop
Rotate Cube Free Ctrl + Alt + LMB
Film Effect Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow
Expo Super + E (toggle)

Applications
Switcher Alt-Tab
Shift Switcher Super + Tab
Ring Switcher Super + Tab (if enabled)
Scale Shift + Alt + Up Arrow

Effects
Screenshot Super + Mouse Boundary Drag
Transparent Window Alt + Mouse-wheel
Fire Effects Super + Shift + LMB
Fire Effects Clear Super + Shift + C
Annotate Super + ALT + LMB
Annotate Clear Super + ALT + K
Negative Window Super + N
Negative Screen Super + M

The next way is to click on an effect from the Advanced Desktop Effect
Settings (System->Preferences) and click through the tabs for the ones
you're interested in. You'll usually find the keyboard shortcuts, and
change them if you want.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org

Old 05-10-2008, 05:20 AM
steve

Old 05-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Joakim Karlsson

Is it possible to get the gnome-menu ´╗┐transparent?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Leif Gregory

On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:16:21 -0500
Joakim Karlsson <mr.cableman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get the gnome-menu ´╗┐transparent?

Yes. Go to Advanced Desktop Effects Settings->General->Opacity Settings
Tab.

Under Window Opacities, click new.

In Opacities Window textbox put 'DropDownMenu' without the quotes.

Move the slider around. Start at around 80 and then go from there.