-   -   wubi (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/143610-wubi.html)

John Heinen 08-15-2008 06:02 PM

wubi

I like to install ubuntu and wubi, a dvd for ubuntu I have, but none for
wubi.
I have a dial-up modem and it just doesn't work downloading wubi,
know of a vendor?? John H

John Heinen 08-15-2008 07:38 PM

wubi

John Heinen wrote:
> I like to install ubuntu and wubi, a dvd for ubuntu I have, but none for
> wubi.
> I have a dial-up modem and it just doesn't work downloading wubi,
> know of a vendor?? John H

Never mind, I did get the download, however somehow can't restart the
computer, Gateway dual core, vista 64 bit, premium sp1. I hope that this
is a good one, just got it..J H

alan c 08-16-2008 06:59 AM

wubi

John Heinen wrote:
> I like to install ubuntu and wubi, a dvd for ubuntu I have, but none for
> wubi.
> I have a dial-up modem and it just doesn't work downloading wubi,
> know of a vendor?? John H

wubi is included in the Live CD for Ubuntu (version 8.04 or 8.04.1) an
dalso in live CD of Kubuntu (8.04 and 8.04.1).

I do not know if it is included in a DVD version, but if the dvd
version is bootable as a live CD then it probably is included.

To used the live CD with wubi, put the CD into a PC while the PC is
running Windows, and accept the option to
'install into Windows as a Windows application'
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391

John Heinen 08-17-2008 01:33 AM

wubi

alan c wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
>
>> I like to install ubuntu and wubi, a dvd for ubuntu I have, but none for
>> wubi.
>> I have a dial-up modem and it just doesn't work downloading wubi,
>> know of a vendor?? John H
>>

> wubi is included in the Live CD for Ubuntu (version 8.04 or 8.04.1) an
> dalso in live CD of Kubuntu (8.04 and 8.04.1).
>
> I do not know if it is included in a DVD version, but if the dvd
> version is bootable as a live CD then it probably is included.
>
> To used the live CD with wubi, put the CD into a PC while the PC is
> running Windows, and accept the option to
> 'install into Windows as a Windows application'

Thanks Alan I shall work on that, John H

John Heinen 08-30-2008 08:28 PM

wubi

John Heinen wrote:
> alan c wrote:
>
>> John Heinen wrote:
>>

>>> I like to install ubuntu and wubi, a dvd for ubuntu I have, but none for
>>> wubi.
>>> I have a dial-up modem and it just doesn't work downloading wubi,
>>> know of a vendor?? John H
>>>

>> wubi is included in the Live CD for Ubuntu (version 8.04 or 8.04.1) an
>> dalso in live CD of Kubuntu (8.04 and 8.04.1).
>>
>> I do not know if it is included in a DVD version, but if the dvd
>> version is bootable as a live CD then it probably is included.
>>
>> To used the live CD with wubi, put the CD into a PC while the PC is
>> running Windows, and accept the option to
>> 'install into Windows as a Windows application'
>>

> Thanks Alan I shall work on that, John H

Say Allen is wubi included with most cd's like fedora, open suse. Thanks
j.h.

Pastor JW 08-30-2008 08:49 PM

wubi

On Saturday 30 August 2008 01:28:25 pm John Heinen wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
> > alan c wrote:
> >>
> >> wubi is included in the Live CD for Ubuntu (version 8.04 or 8.04.1) an
> >> dalso in live CD of Kubuntu (8.04 and 8.04.1).
> >>
> >> I do not know if it is included in a DVD version, but if the dvd
> >> version is bootable as a live CD then it probably is included.
> >>
> >> To used the live CD with wubi, put the CD into a PC while the PC is
> >> running Windows, and accept the option to
> >> 'install into Windows as a Windows application'
> >
> > Thanks Alan I shall work on that, John H
>
> Say Allen is wubi included with most cd's like fedora, open suse.

I'd think not as it is a Ubuntu installer! http://wubi-installer.org
Wubi (Windows-based Ubuntu Installer) is an official Windows-based free
software installer for Ubuntu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wubi_(Ubuntu)

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Elliot Taylor 04-04-2013 09:30 PM

WUBI

Slightly irrelevant, but why isn't Xubuntu available from WUBI anymore?

Thanks,
Elliot

Pasi Lallinaho 04-04-2013 09:38 PM

WUBI

On 05/04/13 00:30, Elliot Taylor wrote:
> Slightly irrelevant, but why isn't Xubuntu available from WUBI anymore?
>
> Thanks,
> Elliot

There has been discussion about this on the mailing list and on
#xubuntu-devel before, but the short answer is that there wasn't enough
testers and it was only more workload for the team to support that.

Now that Ubuntu is about to drop Wubi it makes even less sense to try to
keep Wubi around.

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/