Old 08-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Gordon Schulz

Default How to load korganizer at boot up?!?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:50, Peter Williams <pewtas@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I make korganizer load each time I boot up my Kubuntu system?!? I did
> it once, but now it doesn't load automatically - and thats what I want it
> do.
Not specific to KOrganizer (don't know if it got an option there or
something...), but anything in your ~/.kde/Autostart folder gets started
automatically when KDE loads.
--
Gordon.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Joel Oliver

Gordon Schulz wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:50, Peter Williams <pewtas@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> How do I make korganizer load each time I boot up my Kubuntu system?!? I did
>> it once, but now it doesn't load automatically - and thats what I want it
>> do.
>>
> Not specific to KOrganizer (don't know if it got an option there or
> something...), but anything in your ~/.kde/Autostart folder gets started
> automatically when KDE loads.

I usually do it this way as well. There is an option to 'save the last
session' but I prefer a manually saved session and use the
Autostart directory... Just make sure to kill any programs that are in
Autostart before saving the session (Otherwise they start up twice or
has other funny behaviour)

The programs in ~/.kde/Autostart can be scripts, binary executables
(make sure they are chmod a+x in both cases) or symbolic links to the
program.