Old 08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
"Willy K. Hamra"

Default vbox virtual disks on samba shares

--------------020104070607000207020308

hi, since i don't have much space on my HD, i decided to create virtual
disks on another computer running windows, and having the d: drive
shared read/write.
i used "sudo smbmount //ser/d/gpp/vbox /media/samba", when trying to
create a vdi file on /media/samba i got VERR_ACCESS_DENIED error, so i
unounted it, and corrected the command to
"sudo smbmount //ser/d/gpp/vbox /media/samba -o uid=3D1000,gid=3D1000"
now i get VERR_VDI_INVALID_SIGNATURE , and this got me lost, since i
have no idea what it means, and all google gave me is people getting
this error when converting from vmware disks to vbox one's
creating disks locally works, i'm trying to create a disk locally and
copying it to the samba share, so far is good, but i'm afraid it might
create some problem later while using them.
any ideas what this error is?

--=20
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

--------------020104070607000207020308

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOldpbGx5IEhhbXJhDQpuOkhhbXJhO1 dpbGx5DQplbWFpbDtpbnRl
cm5ldDp3LmhhbXJhMTk4N0BnbWFpbC5jb20NCngtbW96aWxsYS 1odG1sOkZBTFNFDQp2ZXJz
aW9uOjIuMQ0KZW5kOnZjYXJkDQoNCg==