Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM
"Peter Williams"

Default I need to Sort the Application Launcher Menu (widget)

Hi Kubuntu folk,

I'm hoping that someone on this e-list will have an answer for me.

I know that I can follow 'ishwor' instructions to edit the menu.

Peter Williams <pewtas@gmail.com> on Date: 2008/8/8 -- I wrote:

>I now have 2 questions:

>1) How can I make all of my menus and submenus and menu items be
>SORTED -- instead of not sorted (which is what they currently are).

>2) When I edited the submenus and menu items, I selected each item one
>at a time. Is there a way that I can select multiple menu items (e.g.
>like holding the control key or using the shift key -- to select more
>than just one menu item)

Can someone please help me with the (1) and (2) requirements for the
App Launcher Menu?

Best Wishes and Happy Debugging *SMILE*
PEW

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:00:31 pm Peter Williams wrote:
>> Does not appear to have a "Menu Editor" option. Does anyone else have
>> any suggestions of where I can find a Menu Editor for it.
>
> 1) Go to console (ALT+F2 and type "xterm")
> 2) Type "kmenuedit" and press enter.

Thanks for all the help!!! I have followed your instructions (above)
and successfully edited my Menu Launcher(s).

I now have 2 questions:

1) How can I make all of my menus and submenus and menu items be
SORTED -- instead of not sorted (which is what they currently are).

2) When I edited the submenus and menu items, I selected each item one
at a time. Is there a way that I can select multiple menu items (e.g.
like holding the control key or using the shift key -- to select more
than just one menu item)

Thank you very much!!! *SMILE*

> --
> Cheers, 631D 88CF 58B1 44C7 BB8D 7183 0790 5FB8 B48D 7241
> Ishwor Gurung This is a cryptographically signed message. If you
> Adelaide, Australia would like to send me an encrypted email, my public
> m+61)0401466237 key is available at the following key servers -
> sip:ishwor@ekiga.net http://pgp.mit.edu, hkp://subkeys.pgp.net,
> skype:guffari hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com or hkp://pgp.mit.edu

Best Wishes,
PEW

[snip]
--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)