Old 08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
"Tycho Andersen"

Default Amarok quit playing MP3s

Hello,

Recently, Amarok has quit playing MP3 files for me. It prompts me with the dialog that says "Amarok currently cannot currently play mp3 files", and then fails to install the required packages (libxine1-ffmpeg).

Here's the result when I try to install it myself:

tycho@mittens:~$ sudo apt-get install libxine1-ffmpeg
[sudo] password for tycho:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

* libxine1-ffmpeg: Depends: libxine1-bin (= 1.1.11.1-1ubuntu3) but 1.1.11.1-1ubuntu3.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

This seems like a Kubuntu packaging error (this all worked fine a few days ago and the only changes I've made are auto updates), although it's very possible that I'm doing something wrong.

Suggestions? TIA!

Tycho