Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default quick launcher and konq

Donn said the following at 08/08/2008 09:21 AM :
> On Friday, 08 August 2008 17:07:20 D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Does anyone know where the configuration
>> file is that I can edit so as to force Konq to start with the correct
>> profile when I use the quick launcher?
> In the props of the shortcut icon, use this command:
> konqueror --profile filemanagement

Where are the "props of the shortcut icon"?

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Jonas Norlander said the following at 08/08/2008 09:16 AM :
> 2008/8/8 D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com>:
>> I have konq set to start from a click on the panel quick launcher, but it
>> does so with the wrong profile. Does anyone know where the configuration
>> file is that I can edit so as to force Konq to start with the correct
>> profile when I use the quick launcher?
>>
>> Doc
>>

> Start konqueror with the --profile option: "konqueror -profile <mysavedprofile>"

Um, yes. How????

It sure ain't obvious.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Donn

On Friday, 08 August 2008 17:52:52 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Where are the "props of the shortcut icon"?
1. Right click your icon.
2. Configure
3. Application tab
4. Fill in Command text box
5. Hit OK
6. Test.

props == properties.

Let's get up off our knees, stop cringing before bogeymen and virtual fathers,
face reality, and help science to do something constructive about human
suffering.
-- Richard Dawkins

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Old 08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Donn said the following at 08/08/2008 10:22 AM :
> On Friday, 08 August 2008 17:52:52 D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Where are the "props of the shortcut icon"?
> 1. Right click your icon.

OK... it says:
Add Application ->
Configure Quicklauncher...
Remove

> 2. Configure

I assume you mean "Configure Quicklauncher..."

> 3. Application tab

There is no "Application" tab. In fact, no tabs at all.

This is Kununtu 64-bit 8.04, but I think this behaviour hasn't changed in a
long time.

Somewhere there has to be an ini or rc file that I can edit, but I can't
find it.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/8/8 D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com>:
> OK... it says:
> Add Application ->
> Configure Quicklauncher...
> Remove
>
>> 2. Configure
>
> I assume you mean "Configure Quicklauncher..."
>
>> 3. Application tab
>
> There is no "Application" tab. In fact, no tabs at all.
>
> This is Kununtu 64-bit 8.04, but I think this behaviour hasn't changed in a
> long time.
>
> Somewhere there has to be an ini or rc file that I can edit, but I can't
> find it.
>
> Doc

When you adding an icon/program to the quicklauncher you are choosing
it from your start menu so one way to do it would be to make a menu
entry with the command you want and add that to the quicklauncher.

/ Jonas

Old 08-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Donn

Oh, Quicklauncher... Darn. I dunno. Jonas' suggestion of making a new menu
entry and adding that one is good.

Else try adding applet to Panel (kde 3.x) and choosing the one
named "konqueror profiles"

Or, Add application to panel (NOT applet). Choose Internet->Konqueror and then
you can edit it as mentioned in earlier posts.

hth

Old 08-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Donn

Doc,
Did you get that shortcut working? Sorry to have been so hasty in my earlier
replies, I was rushed.