Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Kevin Jones

Default cannot get kmail to send or recieve/embarqmail server

Dear All,

I have been trying to get my kmail to send and receive for a few days,
with no success. I have configured Tbird before.
Under Settings-configure kmail:
Identities= Identity Name/ Email Address = Default (default)/My email
address in double quotes followed by <my email address>

When I click 'Modify':
Under the "General" tab I have... "Your name": = My email address
"Organization": = Blank
"Email address": = my email address
Under "Cryptography" tab I have...All setting unmarked.
Preferred crypto message format= Any
Under "Advanced" tab I have.......Reply to address= my email address
BCC address = blank
Dictionary = ASpell Default
Sent-mail folder= Local Folder/sentmai
Draft folder= Local Folder/drafts
Templates folder= Local Folder/templa
Special transport= my email address
Under 'Templates" I have.... No entries
Under "Signature" I have ... No Entries
Under "Picture" I have... No entries

For 'Accoounts" 'receiving' I have
Name = My email address
Type = pop
Folder = Inbox
When I 'modify' (For about the thousandth time) this account:

Under General Tab:
Account Name = My email address
Login = My email address
Password = My normal password for embarqmail mail
Host = pop.embarqmail.com
Port = 110 (???)
Store password is ticked
leave messages on server in UNticked
keep only the las is UNticked
include in manual mail check is ticked
Filter messages is blank
Enable interval mail checking is ticked

On the extras tab:
Encryption = None (I copied this setting from my thunderbird settings.)
Authentication = Login.

When I "check what server supports":
the results the server gives me are:
Encryption= Use TLS for secure mail download
Authentication method = Clear text.

It seems that no matter what settings I apply the following message appears:

OMG!!! It just worked.
I think the problem was that; on the last screen I was ticking "apply"
and for the first time I ticked 'OK'.

I am going to post this email since I know that others have had problems
with KMail and this may help

Kevin Jones