Old 08-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Derek Broughton

Default 3G problems

Rod Warren wrote:

> I use a 3G wireless
> modem when I'm in Belgium and wish to use Linux as it is far more stable
> and reliable then the dreaded "w " OS's but have a problem that the 3G
> dongle only has a .EXE file and is not compatable with Linux

I have no idea if it _could_ work, but you might try installing ndisgtk, and
installing the Windows drivers under ndiswrapper.

Failing that, how do you know that the modem is _not_ compatible with Linux?
--
derek

Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Rod Warren

Hi* Gordon

vender is mobistar belgium and I don't have the model on this PC as it is a new one I will have to get it when i get back in 2 weeks

Regards Rod

I'm in Belgium and wish to use Linux as it is far more stable and
> reliable then the dreaded "w " OS's but have a problem that the 3G dongle only
> has a .EXE file and is not compatable with Linux
Which Vendor/Model?
--
Gordon.

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you

really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Rod Warren

Hi

It has a self intall exe file and is not recognised by linux

Old 08-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Derek Broughton

Please don't top post.

I wrote:

>> Failing that, how do you know that the modem is _not_ compatible with
>> Linux?

That doesn't answer the question. The .exe file is of course not usable,
directly, but it would appear you _don't_ know it's not compatible with
Linux. You really need to google for the device + Linux, and see what
comes up.
--
derek