Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Paul

Default kde4.1 and xrandr

I'm beginning to suspect that many of the behavioral problems I'm having w/
kde 4.1 on kubuntu 8.04 are related to running on an intel 915 graphics
chip/i810 driver and two monitors; a laptop 1024x768 and external 1280x1024.

I use xrandr to config a large virtual desktop spanning both monitors
(2304x1024), which works fine under kde3.5.9 and xfce, but 4.1 can't seem to
handle this configuration; some pretty consistent bugs as well as some
seemingly random ones.

Things seem better behaved if I run on only one or the other monitor, but even
cloning the output to both seems to cause some problems, probably because of
the different screen sizes.

Is there any work being done on getting 4.x to play nice with xrandr and dual
monitors? *Is there a timetable for completion? *Does anyone know if this is
a 4.1 problem or a kubuntu problem?

Paul