Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 AM
chuck adams

Default ftp versions

Was there and is there for 8.04 and 8.10 a version
of ftp where from the command line do

ftp login@URLassword

or similar syntax. I remember years ago doing
this and I'd like to do it again.

Thanks in advance,

chuck

Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Donn

On Thursday, 07 August 2008 06:57:24 chuck adams wrote:
> ftp login@URLassword
You can ftp from Konqueror. Mess around with the URL. Try:
ftp://userassword@URL
And vary it until it works.

General question: does Dolphin do ftp and fish? That sounds weird, dolphins
obviously do fish!

Once you start believing in things for which there's no evidence, where do you
stop?
-- Sackett http://forums.randi.org

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 AM
"Gordon Schulz"

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> General question: does Dolphin do ftp and fish? That sounds weird, dolphins
> obviously do fish!
Basically every KDE application can use the KIO-Slaves. So it e.g.
works in any open/save/w/e dialog.
--
Greetings,
Gordon.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Donn

On Thursday, 07 August 2008 09:25:07 Gordon Schulz wrote:
> Basically every KDE application can use the KIO-Slaves
Oh yeah, I knew that but I forgot. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
John L Fjellstad

chuck adams <k7qo@commspeed.net> writes:

> Was there and is there for 8.04 and 8.10 a version
> of ftp where from the command line do
>
> ftp login@URLassword
>
> or similar syntax. I remember years ago doing
> this and I'd like to do it again.

Install ncftp

--
John L. Fjellstad