Old 08-05-2008, 03:00 AM
chuck adams

Default Window response improved

Early today a patch came for X.org and I
think I saw a note about Intel video.

I shutdown my system after the upgrade
due to thunderstorms moving through the
area. Since then, I have done over 200
pages of scans using xsane. Not once
during that time did I have a slow
response to mouse movements or mouse
clicks for controls.

It would seem to me that the previous
posting of my problems has magically
disappeared and I'm hoping that it was
the patch.

I'm running 8.04.1 kubuntu on a dual-core
AMD 64 system with nvidia graphics card.

Thanks to the developers who read this
group and note such problems and make
an effort to find and fix them. It is greatly
appreciated.

ciao,

chuck

Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Monday 04 August 2008, chuck adams wrote:
> It would seem to me that the previous
> posting of my problems has magically
> disappeared and I'm hoping that it was
> the patch.

Might have been the patch, but might also have been some other process sucking
up the cpu cycles.

When you have performance problems like you mentioned, it is always best to
check with the 'top' command to see who is using the cycles.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Hi,

> check with the 'top' command to see who is using

I like htop over top:
- Htop is an ncursed-based process viewer similar to top, but it
allows to scroll the list vertically and horizontally to see
all processes and their full command lines.

Tasks related to processes (killing, renicing) can be done without
entering their PIDs.

Homepage: http://htop.sourceforge.net

- It's available in your package manager.

Brian