Old 08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
"theWeissGuy"

Default Auto logon Kubuntu 8.04

How can I set Kubuntu 8.04 to auto logon at startup?

theWeissGuy

Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
"Robert Costa"

2008/8/1 theWeissGuy <msw@theweissguy.com>:
> How can I set Kubuntu 8.04 to auto logon at startup?

KDE3: did you try "kcontrol" and there system administration -> login
manager -> convenience? you need to do it in system administration
mode (I hope my translation is correct, as my KDE3 is running german
at the moment)

KDE4: start "/usr/lib/kde4/bin/systemsettings" then select Advanced ->
Login Manager -> Convenience

on the convenience tab there should be an "enable auto-login" checkbox

ah.. and you should start the programs with super user rights, using
sudo or kdesudo

cya,
Robert.

> theWeissGuy

Was man zu verstehen gelernt hat, das fürchtet man nicht mehr.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
"theWeissGuy"

That did it - I hadn't noticed the advanced tab previously - thanks much
--
theWeissGuy

news:2a131af80808011048y48cb5555lfd7a557bbdb9c908@ mail.gmail.com...