Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
"Robert Costa"

Default audiocd:/ kioslave and KDE 4.1

2008/8/1 Manuel McLure <manuel@mclure.org>:
> Has anyone had success using the audiocd:/ kioslave on KDE 4.1? When I
> use it, I see the tracks of the CD in the root directory as .wav
> files, and I see Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3 and other subdirectories, but
> if I open one of the subdirectories (except for Full Disc) it's empty.
> Amarok (using the 3.5 kioslave) sees the MP3/Ogg files just fine. Just
> wondering if I'm missing something obvious, or if I should report this
> as a bug. This works fine on 3.5.

You're not alone. I get the same behavior here. Typing "audiocd:/"
into Dolphin's location text field gives me some directories without
entries and the wav files in the main dir. The subdirs are:

audiocd:/CDA
audiocd:/FLAC
audiocd:/Full CD
audiocd:/Information
audiocd:/MP3
audiocd:/Ogg Vorbis

Actually "CDA", "FLAC", "MP3" and "Ogg Vorbis" are empty; "Full CD"
contains 5 items (Full CD.cda, -.flac, -.mp3, -ogg, .-wav);
"Information" contains one file "CDDB Information.txt", but clicking
on it results in an error message "The file or folder
/Information/CDDB Information.txt does not exist.".

Dragging and dropping the files in "Full CD" seems to work, althoug I
didn't let the copy process run till its end. Dragging the "CDDB
Information.txt" also works and produces a correct file, for what I
can see - still as written above clicking the file results in an error
message.

With KDE 3.x I had no problem with the audiocd:/ kioslave in Konqueror
and Dolphin (under kubuntu 7.10), but I have not tested it's behaviour
with those programs now. Anyhow - it's working with Amarok, so I
suppose the KDE 3.5 kioslave is still working here, too.

Cya,
Robert.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM
"Manuel McLure"

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Robert Costa <zabbarob@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/1 Manuel McLure <manuel@mclure.org>:
>> Has anyone had success using the audiocd:/ kioslave on KDE 4.1? When I
>> use it, I see the tracks of the CD in the root directory as .wav
>> files, and I see Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3 and other subdirectories, but
>> if I open one of the subdirectories (except for Full Disc) it's empty.
>> Amarok (using the 3.5 kioslave) sees the MP3/Ogg files just fine. Just
>> wondering if I'm missing something obvious, or if I should report this
>> as a bug. This works fine on 3.5.
>
> You're not alone. I get the same behavior here. Typing "audiocd:/"
> into Dolphin's location text field gives me some directories without
> entries and the wav files in the main dir. The subdirs are:

The good news is that this seems to be fixed in KDE 4.1.1. I've ripped
a CD or two already using Dolphin on 4.1.1.

--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,

Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
"Robert Costa"

2008/9/10 Manuel McLure <manuel@mclure.org>:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Robert Costa <zabbarob@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/8/1 Manuel McLure <manuel@mclure.org>:
>>> Has anyone had success using the audiocd:/ kioslave on KDE 4.1? When I
>>> use it, I see the tracks of the CD in the root directory as .wav
>>> files, and I see Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3 and other subdirectories, but
>>> if I open one of the subdirectories (except for Full Disc) it's empty.
>>> Amarok (using the 3.5 kioslave) sees the MP3/Ogg files just fine. Just
>>> wondering if I'm missing something obvious, or if I should report this
>>> as a bug. This works fine on 3.5.
>>
>> You're not alone. I get the same behavior here. Typing "audiocd:/"
>> into Dolphin's location text field gives me some directories without
>> entries and the wav files in the main dir. The subdirs are:
>
> The good news is that this seems to be fixed in KDE 4.1.1. I've ripped
> a CD or two already using Dolphin on 4.1.1.

Acknowledged! CD ripping with audiocd:/ kioslave is working here too.

But I've got another problem now: while the file name is set
correctly, ID3 tags / metadata is not. Each file has the song title of
it's successor. e.g.:

The files are named:
Ministry [2006] Rio Grande Blood [01] Rio Grande Blood.mp3
Ministry [2006] Rio Grande Blood [02] Senor Peligro.mp3
Ministry [2006] Rio Grande Blood [03] Gangreen.mp3

And the ID3 tags show these song titles:
Track 1: Senor Peligro
Track 2: Gangreen
Track 3: Fear (Is Big Business)

and so on...

When I use the KDE3.5 audiocd kioslave the song titles are set correctly.

Can it be a settings problem on my system or does someone else
experience the same effect?

Cya,
Robert.

> --
> Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
> ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
> no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft

Was man zu verstehen gelernt hat, das fürchtet man nicht mehr.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
"Manuel McLure"

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Robert Costa <zabbarob@googlemail.com> wrote:
> But I've got another problem now: while the file name is set
> correctly, ID3 tags / metadata is not. Each file has the song title of
> it's successor. e.g.:

Now that you mention it, I saw the same problem. I though it was a
problem with Amarok (since that's where I noticed it) but now I know
it's an audiocd:/ bug.