Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Gordon Schulz

Default Flashplugin for Firefox and Seamonkey

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:16, Jens Strohschnitter <ubuntu-ml@rwz.de> wrote:

> Shockwave-Flash
> libflash-mozplugin.so
>
> and
> Shockwave-Flash
> libflashplayer.so
That explains. You have both the GPL'd libflash and the propietary Adobe
plugin installed - seems like Seamonkey is using the Adobe one and works
while Firefox prefers the libflash one which doesn't play too well with
most sites. apt-get remove libflash-mozplugin should solve your problem.
--
Gordon.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Jens Strohschnitter

> > Shockwave-Flash
> > libflash-mozplugin.so
> >
> > and
> > Shockwave-Flash
> > libflashplayer.so
> That explains. You have both the GPL'd libflash and the propietary Adobe
> plugin installed - seems like Seamonkey is using the Adobe one and works
> while Firefox prefers the libflash one which doesn't play too well with
> most sites. apt-get remove libflash-mozplugin should solve your problem.

Hi

sorry - does not work. Firefox showes no swf-Files. aboutlugins showes
me the libflashplayer.so in version 9.9r124 - the same under seamonkey,
but there it works fine :-(

--
kind regards,

Jens Strohschnitter

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Set the controls
for the heart of the sun

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Raiffeisen Waren-Zentrale Rhein-Main eG
50668 Koeln, Altenberger Str. 1a

Tel: 0221/1638-0
Fax: 0221/1638-254

Sitz: Koeln

Amtsgericht Koeln, GnR 728

Geschaeftsfuehrender Vorstand:
Hans-Josef Hilgers (Sprecher)
Markus Stuettgen
Dr. Karl-Heinrich Suemmermann

Vorstand:
Friedhelm Decker (Vorsitzender)
Ingo Steitz

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Peter Bleser (MdB)

St.Nr.: 215/5938/0152

Bankverbindung:
WGZ Bank AG, Duesseldorf
(BLZ 300 600 10) Konto-Nr.: 300 011

Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Gordon Schulz

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:59, Jens Strohschnitter <ubuntu-ml@rwz.de> wrote:
> sorry - does not work. Firefox showes no swf-Files. aboutlugins showes
> me the libflashplayer.so in version 9.9r124 - the same under seamonkey,
> but there it works fine :-(
That's indeed weird.
Does aboutlugins show the plugin as enabled? What does Firefox show
when you access a site including flash? Like nothing, a black box or
something? Tried re-installing flashplugin-nonfree?
--
Gordon.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Gordon Schulz

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:59, Jens Strohschnitter <ubuntu-ml@rwz.de> wrote:
> sorry - does not work. Firefox showes no swf-Files. aboutlugins showes
> me the libflashplayer.so in version 9.9r124 - the same under seamonkey,
> but there it works fine :-(
Just another guess - there is no Adblock or NoScript blocking Flash in
your Firefox installation?

--
Gordon.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Thursday 31 July 2008, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using firefox and seamonkey as internetbrowsers. My flashplugin
> runs under seamonkey but not with firefox. What can I do to make both
> browsers working with flashplugin ?

Wow.... a 3 line question and a * 41 * line signature. I think
that's a new record.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Jens Strohschnitter

> > I'm using firefox and seamonkey as internetbrowsers. My flashplugin
> > runs under seamonkey but not with firefox. What can I do to make both
> > browsers working with flashplugin ?
>
> Wow.... a 3 line question and a * 41 * line signature. I think
> that's a new record.

Ups,

I've never been so sorry! I've used the false smtp-server. Now it's the right
one. Thanx for the weekly record ;-)

Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Jens Strohschnitter

> > sorry - does not work. Firefox showes no swf-Files. aboutlugins showes
> > me the libflashplayer.so in version 9.9r124 - the same under seamonkey,
> > but there it works fine :-(
> That's indeed weird.
> Does aboutlugins show the plugin as enabled? What does Firefox show
> when you access a site including flash? Like nothing, a black box or
> something? Tried re-installing flashplugin-nonfree?
Hi

I've removed and all flashplugins also the flashblocker and reinstalled
them without flashblocker. Now it works. Don't if flashblocker or the
plugin was the problem - but now anything works fine!

THX! And sorry for the large singnatures in the postings before ;-)

Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Gordon Schulz

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:57, Jens Strohschnitter <ubuntu-ml@rwz.de> wrote:

> I've removed and all flashplugins also the flashblocker and reinstalled
> them without flashblocker. Now it works. Don't if flashblocker or the
> plugin was the problem - but now anything works fine!
Glad to hear.
--
Gordon.