Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM

Default Problem saving window locations/session management

I'm running mainly kde 3.5.9 on kubuntu 8.0.4. After installing kde 4.1 (along side 3.5.9 with kubuntu debs), 3.5.9 fails to restore windows to the desktop they were originally on when a new session is started...all windows re-open on desktop 1 the next time 3.5.9 starts.

Because this happened on two different machines, I'm pretty sure it's a real problem (I filed a bug a few weeks back...no response), but it will be a bear to trace given the large number of packages that were installed w/ kde 4.1. Not sure if it's a kde problem or a kubuntu package problem.

However my questions are:

1. Where does kde 3.5.9 save information about window locations when one leaves a session?
2. What program writes that file?
3. What program reads that file?

Paul