Old 07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Art Alexion

Default medibuntu archives down?

I have been getting 404 errors.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM
"Gordon Schulz"

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have been getting 404 errors.
Getting 503's on apt-get update, so I guess down, yes.
--
Greetings,
Gordon.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
"Gordon Schulz"

doh... on http://de.packages.medibuntu.org that is.

--
Greetings,
Gordon.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Alexander Smirnov

Art Alexion wrote:
> I have been getting 404 errors.

have you performed
wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo
apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update
?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Is down for me as well, unless they changed the key in the last day I
would say the site is down.

Cary

Old 07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Art Alexion

Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Glenn R Williams

Yesterday I tried:

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list -O
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

and this worked. It is explained the Medibuntu website:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding the Repositories

HTH,

Glenn

--
Glenn R Williams

Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Art Alexion

Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Glenn R Williams

Yes, I think somewhere I read that a server was down...

--
Glenn R Williams

Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Derek Broughton

Art Alexion wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 July 2008 2:26:18 am Alexander Smirnov wrote:
>> have you performed
>> wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo
>> apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update
>
> Yeah. It worked for close to a year before it stopped this week. It is
> not

It didn't. A couple of months back I went a week without being able to
reach Medibuntu.

> an apt-key error, it is a 404 (file not found} error. I'm wondering why
> there isn't an official announcement nor any chatter to be found via
> google on this.

It worked for me yesterday and today.
--
derek