Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
"N.F."

Default problem with locales

Hi there,

since updating the tzdata package this morning

(which failed) I cannot fix the locale vars on my Gutsy.

as you can see:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

******* LANGUAGE = "it_IT",

******* LC_ALL = (unset),

******* LANG = "it_IT.UTF-8"

*** are supported and installed on your system.

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory

locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
directory

locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

Setting up tzdata (2007i-0ubuntu0.7.10) ...

dpkg: error processing tzdata (--configure):

*subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10

*tzdata

Anybody experienced the same problem ?

Any solution ?

thanks

Nico

Old 11-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Alexander Smirnov

N.F. wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> since updating the tzdata package this morning
> (which failed) I cannot fix the locale vars on my Gutsy.
> as you can see:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> LANGUAGE = "it_IT",
> LC_ALL = (unset),
> LANG = "it_IT.UTF-8"
> are supported and installed on your system.
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
> directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
> Setting up tzdata (2007i-0ubuntu0.7.10) ...
> dpkg: error processing tzdata (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
> tzdata
>

> Anybody experienced the same problem ?
> Any solution ?
>

> thanks
>
> Nico

I doubt where it is related to moving ntfs partitions :-)
Please create new message with your problem description, do not press
"reply" to any already posted message.