Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
"Robert Parker"

Default Need a cli editor for jpg files

I need a CLI editor to resize jpg files ex digital camera down to
something suitable for online use.
I can do the job with Gimp but that is too cumbersome for a repetitive
job such as this.

A search on Google for 'cli editors for jpg' gets me lists of 1000's
for GUI editors for mpegs, mp3.

Anyone know of anything suitable?

TIA
Bob

Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Donn

On Friday, 25 July 2008 18:53:46 Robert Parker wrote:
> I need a CLI editor to resize jpg files ex digital camera down to
> something suitable for online use.
Copy your pics to shrinked/ to keep the originals safe, then in there:
convert -resize 800x600 -quality 75 *.jpg

You can also look at the mogrify command. Check [man imagemagick] or
[convert --help] and [mogrify --help]

Sorted!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:12 PM
"Robert Parker"

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 25 July 2008 18:53:46 Robert Parker wrote:
>> I need a CLI editor to resize jpg files ex digital camera down to
>> something suitable for online use.
> Copy your pics to shrinked/ to keep the originals safe, then in there:
> convert -resize 800x600 -quality 75 *.jpg
>
> You can also look at the mogrify command. Check [man imagemagick] or
> [convert --help] and [mogrify --help]
>
> Sorted!

Yes I think you are right. Looking at the ImageMajick home page now.

Thanks,
Bob