Old 07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Pascal Francq

Default Problem with Canon IP 3500

Hi,
I am using KUbuntu 8.04 (64 bit) and I have a Canon IP 3500 Printer. I try to
configure, but I cannot find a good driver.
On the Canon site, you have .deb packages but for 32 bit. I try to install
them with --force-architecture (I have the ia32-libs installed). I try to
follow the instructions of Canon (which works for other working with 32 bit)
and I does not work. I suppose it related to the mixing of 64 and 32 bit code.
I try to download then the source package of the driver and compile it. But,
it does not work either. In fact, there are libraries which must be installed
and that are compile in 32 bit I suppose.
Has anyone an idea?
Thanks.
--

Prof. Pascal Francq