-   -   font substitution (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/129634-font-substitution.html)

Art Alexion 07-22-2008 06:14 PM

font substitution

I recall a font substitution app is part of kcontrol which I can't find in
3.5.9.

I have a decorative font that I am using for some designs that seems to get
used instead of Times New Roman in kmail and konqueror. It is getting
annoying having to keep installing and removing this font.

How is font substitution now handled?

Gordon Schulz 07-22-2008 06:37 PM

font substitution

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:14, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

> I recall a font substitution app is part of kcontrol which I can't find in
> 3.5.9.
>
> I have a decorative font that I am using for some designs that seems to get
> used instead of Times New Roman in kmail and konqueror. It is getting
> annoying having to keep installing and removing this font.
>
> How is font substitution now handled?
Don't know about that app in kcontrol... But you can always edit
.fonts.conf in your $HOME directory.

This example replaces the Helvetica family with a prettier one - adjust
to your needs.

[---------cut----------------]
<match target="pattern" >
<test name="family" qual="any" >