Old 07-17-2008, 06:03 AM
"Donatas G."

Default cpu policy through a notebook special key?

Is it possible to control my notebook cpu policy through a special notebook
key? Like it is in windows on my Asus A8F laptop?

There is this special key with a running man painted that, upon press, emits
acpi signal:

dg@bala:/etc/acpi/events$ acpi_listen
hotkey ATKD 0000005c 00000000

(it does not generate an x event though)

In windows it is used to set a power scheme (there are about five of those, if
I am correct)

Now in my Kubuntu 8.04 installation this key is left idle, although KDE
guidance power manager does have three cpu profiles: performance, dynamic and
powersave.

Is it possible to employ this key to switch between different cpu policies,
without changing the power manager? (I remember the KPowerSave program could
do that, when I used it two years ago).

Donatas